Sports Premium Grant 2015-2016
Allocations for the academic year 2015-2016 were calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6 and those age 5 in Reception, as recorded at the January 2015 Census as follows: Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £8,000 plus £5 per eligible pupil.
St Peter’s C of E Primary will receive £8,785 for the academic year 2015-2016.
How will the Sports Premium Grant 2015-2016 be spent?
This year we have continued to engage with specialist sports coaches through a local company Lincs Inspire. The coaches are working alongside our class teachers to support their professional development, enabling them to deliver high quality PE lessons. The coaches plan and lead weekly sessions for every class to demonstrate progression and skills linked to a variety of competitive sports. The coaches are also working with us to enable our pupils to participate in a wider range of inter-school competitions. Following on from the last two year’s previous success, Lincs Inspire will be organising our annual Sports Day in the Summer Term. They are also supporting our after-school Multi-Sports Club on a weekly basis.
The school also works closely with North East Lincolnshire School Sports Partnership who provide a wide range of services to their member schools, including:
- Support for subject leaders in developing PE and sport in school
- Access to additional CPD opportunities
- Support with action planning, including provision of good practice guidelines and templates
- Access to a full range of sport competitions
- Delivery of a cycling proficiency scheme for Year 5 pupils
- Professional advice and general support for all PE and sport related matters.
In addition to this, we have committed £1,000 to new PE equipment.
How will the Sports Premium be monitored?
The use of the Sports Premium Grant will be monitored and reviewed by Governors at their termly meetings.